Wednesday 25 September 2013

THE ESCAPE - Inspired by All Things Not Considered (Naomi Shilbab Nye)

No one would understand
I confessed.
Yet still, no one would understand.

I was caught in breathing failure, but I’m alive
I was closed to the dark, I smell the fear
But I don’t stay still,
I cannot stay still.
My life was a pebble
Again and again, without my willingness

I was cold, I was alone, I was trembling
My step touches every harm and heartsore
Stabbed, painful, miserable.

I wonder why it’s me?
Why my life, why my soul, why my days?
I pillowed the tears to every stars in the sky
Yet something whispered in my ears
I smiled.

The wall apparently was luminous
I see nothing but myself
And the trigger,
The Trigger.

I’m in the infinite brightness.
Free and happy.


- Melor Puteh -

No comments:

Post a Comment