Sunday 22 September 2013

Women in poetry: Julia de Burgos

"Such a talented poet. Personally adore all her poems inspired me to begin writing. Her style of writing convinced the readers that women are no far as great as man in arts of literature. To read her poems is to understand yourself. Here she is, Julia de Burgos".


  • Born in Carolina (February 17, 1914), Puerto Rico, is Widely Regarded as her country's greatest poet, and along With The Chilean Gabriela Mistral, as one of the two greatest female poets in Latin American history.

  • Her life had all the intensity and tragedy in the popular imagination Associated With The greatest poets, anonymous Culminating in her death at age 39 (July 6, 1953) in a New York City street and burial in potter's field.

  • Has many schools and streets named in her honor in Puerto Rico and the United States.

  • On September 14, 2010, the United States Postal Service unveiled a first class stamp commemorating her life and literary works. The stamp was presented in a ceremony in San Juan, Puerto Rico.







Song of My Shadow Tiny


Sometimes life I want to burst into song
unexpected panic!


I want to stay in the secret of my sorrows
sharp as stars,
but my soul can reach silence
the poem without words
jumps and powder my lips made ​​intimate vibrations.


There is only one door open on the way to where my life is going
Smile unknown.
I start to find their trail,
as if the cosmos had concentrated in energy
and even she was my excitement in pieces
broken butterfly.


My emotion wheel now one of those wild islands
pain.
I have been dying to get there where
happy songs,
and pain comes together with transparent paint the sky.


It hurts that rose early that fell in my eyes
wound pink petals;
and the final look of a bride air
who died of chastity to feel meat
for the man kiss.


Bleed from sunset pain in my back down
twilight punishment will not love
Pale Daisy forest.


Sobs mystery cloud on my flight
teardrops that went into space
a spigot carried by dew.


All the pain left wheel at instant
comes to dance his rhythm in my flesh tormented
cosmic anxiety.


And the excitement I burst into songs useless,
within this mirage of greatness
where part,
tiny,
my shadow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment