Friday 11 October 2013

What is poetry? What is drama?

Poetry:

There are as many definitions of poetry as there are poets. Wordsworth defined poetry as "the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings;" Emily Dickinson said, "If I read a book and it makes my body so cold no fire ever can warm me, I know that is poetry;" and Dylan Thomas defined poetry this way: "Poetry is what makes me laugh or cry or yawn, what makes my toenails twinkle, what makes me want to do this or that or nothing."



Drama:


Drama is a word of Greek origin meaning "action" and referring to a performance on the stage in which actors act out the events and characters of a story. A dramatic work is usually called a play, but if you want to specify what type of drama it is, you can call it a comedy, a. tragedy, a farce or tragicomedy or other names. As wel1 as a play, drama usually involves a playwright or dramatist, that is, the author of the play; a stage, that is, the area in a playhouse or theatre where the play is performed; an audience, that is, the people who go to the theatre to watch the performance.

http://digilander.libero.it/mgtund/what_is_drama.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment